Sunday, July 11, 2010

San Francisco

I went to San Francisco with Daniel and Paul at the end of May. Daniel was presenting at a Urology conference there so Paul and I came along. We had so much fun and I just love spending time with my brothers. I feel that I am the luckiest girl to have so many wonderful brothers.
We went to Japanese town and had some wonderful Japanese drinks. I wish we could get these beverages at our local market.

Daniel doing one of the many things he does best, taking pictures in Montery.

Lombard street in San Francisco

On one of the open public buses which is a much better mode of transportation when compared with driving. I hated driving in San Francisco and I am grateful that I had patient brothers. I have to say that I was a bit crazy when behind the wheel. They have crazy rules and sign right in the city. I had a cop pull up next to me and tell me I just made an illegal turn. I was so grateful he didn't give me a ticket. He must have recognized a tourist that didn't know what she was doing.


We had a lot of fun taking the cable cars around the city. There were great views of the bay and city from the cable cars.
We went to Golden Gate Park which is the most amazing park I have ever been too. It is a true oasis in the midst of a big city. The botanic gardens were amazing and I got quite a few beautiful pictures of the flowers. I would love to live next to this park and go running on the many trails the wind around the park. You could run on a different one everyday. I felt like I was taking a hike on a mountain trail at times. Truly amazing!!!

Muir Wood

The redwoods were so incredibly big. We took a nice hike through the forest. We never made it to the view we were attempting to find but it is always nice to be in the woods.


On the beach and yes I was quite cold.

Pebble Beach
This is a picture of the lone cyprus which is the logo for Pebble Beach
Seaweed can be quite a whip!





Here we are at my favorite restaurant in San Francisco, Burma Superstar. I have been there twice and it has been delicious both times. If you ever go to San Francisco make sure you try it out.

1 comment: