Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Week

This week we had my brother Daniel and his family in town. On Monday we went downtown Denver. We rode the light rail which was so fun for Parker. He kept saying train, train and loved seeing the cars, trucks, and buses pass. When we were downtown we went to my favorite crepe place and had delicious dessert crepes.































On Thursday we went to the Cirque Dream Illuminations at the DCPA. I was blown away by the different acts. They did tightrope tricks with the rope moving and did flips on it also. The strength of the circus performer was incredible. It is totally worth going too.
On Saturday we went skiing at Loveland. It was hardly spring skiing actually it was a blizzard. On one trip up the lift is stopped for about 30 minutes and we were being swung back and forth by strong wind with snow pummeling our faces. I was holding on for dear life and almost jumped because I wanted to be off the lift. My brother and sister-in-law stopped me though. I think I might be a fair weather skier.














On Sunday we watched General Conference which was wonderful. I love the chance to hear from the church leaders and learn how to improve my life. Then we had our Easter dinner and did the Easter egg hunt. The kids just loved finding egg. Jeff and his family came over for that part. I was playing ping pong with Seito and when I leaned over to pick-up a ball and I said I was getting old and then about 5 minutes later he looked at me and said "Are you really getting old, how old are you?" When I said 32 he got this look of bewilderment on his face. I love that kid. We dyed egg and when Julianne was putting stickers on one of them the egg broke open and it was not a boiled egg. It was so funny. We then had to go through all the eggs to find out which ones were hard boiled. Julianne got quite upset when most of the pink ones were raw. It was a really nice holiday with family. I just love being with family!

1 comment:

  1. Take me to that crepe place sometime!
    Oh, and I wish they took a picture of you holding on for dear life on the chair lift. Serves you right...

    ReplyDelete